The holidays are a busy season for everyone. With so many people shopping for gifts, it’s a great time to be involved in retail – especially ecommerce. More and more people are doing their shopping online every year, so having an internet presence could be the key to taking your sales to the next level.
Here are some of our favorite tips for capitalizing on eCommerce during this holiday:
1. Analyze your current state. It’s important to examine the state of your SEO before you start throwing in new keywords, purchasing adwords, and changing tags. The first step should be to check your organic search performance and incoming links. Cross check your most-viewed pages with the best performing keywords. This will allow you to see what’s already working so you don’t undo it.
2. Find new keywords. To tune your site to the holidays, use the right seasonal keywords, in addition to the top performers you already have. Resources like Google Trends will help show you what terms customers are looking for.
3. Write ahead of time. The holidays are such a busy season, it’s easy to want to procrastinate. However, putting off your blogs and other content may actually mean you won’t get it done at all. It’s better to get things done early so you can post it later and not have to worry about it while filling increased sales.
4. Make previews and sneak peeks. Audiences will love to get excited about what you have in store for the holidays. Giving them little tastes ahead of time is a great way to get them excited and keep them coming back to find out what you’re up to. You can also use “Coming Soon” pages to help build the suspense while also building links.
5. Use strategic links. SEO thrives on links, both internal and external. The better your backlinking, the more credible people will think your page is. Use analytics to determine which pages are already doing well and use them as landings for your holiday promotions.
6. Use gift guides. These handy posts are super versatile and useful for the holiday season. They combine a variety of products in one place so more potential customers can see your items. They decrease the number of clicks between home and products, making the process easier and more inviting.
With these tips, you’ll be on your way to more holiday views and sales, plus better SEO that will help all year long.